Wednesday, April 14, 2010

This is my comment on http://tametiger2010.blogspot.com (Joe Lee)

Out Experiences
It is very happy to read Jacky's comment. As a system engineer, I feel quite difficult to link with this course. But Jacky lead me to some other direction, so that I could understand those pedagogies and apply them more easily.

Digital Storytelling
Thanks!
I found some links about digital storytelling:
http://digitalstorytelling.coe.uh.edu/index.html http://old.lubbockisd.org/sfirenza/storytelling/
I think for those Higher Education, we could produce it with a series of media to tell the story, such as combine a series of experiment to tell a theory.

Make your own IWB
Wow! It is a great product.
I think it is more applicable if users could write down on the whiteboard from some distance. So that teacher could highlight some point easily. BTW, I do think it is a great step of ITE.

Technology and Learning
Ideas often go prior technology. So lets get more ideas and let teaching and learning becomes more interesting. Cheers!

Combining Visualization and Interactivity
You may check this also:
Presentation. Uzwyshyn, Ray. Multimedia
http://www.asis.org/SIG/SIGVIS/hostedMaterial/uzwyshynMultimediaVisualizationandInteractiveSystems.ppt 2005.

Introduce educational software
The WebOS is very good. I am using it now. It is user friendly. The speed is not too slow.
But I have some concerns when we use it on teaching and learning. We have to depend on the network speed and apps the WebOS provide. I can't waiting if we can use WebOS on teaching and learning although Glide is still in development process.

2010-3-15 (session 6)- Group Activities 3: Research ITE(extension)
I agree with "Digital generation are familiar with most of them in daily life but frequently using them in entertaining way rather than educational way." We may use facebook everyday every hour but we may not use it for learning. And the other problem is could I focus on elearning by using facebook? Just like could I learn in a game centre or playground?

eLearning and Web 2.0
Check the links for some education apps for facebook:
http://www.collegedegree.com/library/college-life/15-facebook-apps-perfect-for-online-education

What do you think about room 321?
Yes, I agree! It seems no big differences of having lessons in other classroom. And it will be better to have some guide for users. Another problem is there is too much layer in a small area. It splits groups like cutting their contact. No enough of notebooks...
However, I like some features of Rm321. The projector and mic on every table makes presnetation much more easier. The screen besides each table allow users to enjoy the presentation or teaching. Actually the room is quite good but not good enough.

how can wiki support teaching and learning
I have used PBworks. I found it is quite user friendly. Teachers could uploaded their materials such as embed links and share some learning objects.
I think PBworks could be easily applied on education. Like just create one folder for each class or subject. Digital generation will like this feature.

News from Youtube this month!
This could be revolutionary.
By using this caption features, Youtube could help alot more on teaching and learning. Especially on those non-english region.

No comments:

Post a Comment