Friday, March 12, 2010

Lecture 5 Activity: How can Web 2.0 applications support teaching and learning



I have given up to use Voicethread to create the presentation. The reasons are as follows:

1. The quality of the audio comments (produced by using the recording function of the site) is quite bad. My utterances were cut up into pieces. I then recorded using windows recorder and attempted to upload the clips to the site, but the site required me to upgrade my account (i.e. I have to pay)

2. I can’t figure out any way to remove completely my old audio comments for a slide (i.e. my new and old audio comments co-exist). I have to upload the slide again if I want to get rid of the old track, which is troublesome.

3. The audio recording function of the site always malfunctions. Sometimes I even couldn't find the ‘record’ button.

So I have decided to use Windows Movie Maker to create the presentation.

1 comment:

  1. I think Voicethread is difficult to use, but this just my opinion. Our group has meet the barrier on using Voicethread. Others may think it is very easy to use. But I have difficult to use it. So that, our group use Youtube and Window Movie Maker is suitable tool for us!

    ReplyDelete